Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jesus & Twitter

I heard a very interesting statement on the radio just weeks ago that was of short stature but nonetheless I still found it interesting. The host said "If facebook was an actual group of people, they would be their own country" - to me, that was as straight as it got. As I've said before, Generation Y is by far the most advanced generation or group of people, naturally. We're in the ether age( the age of man ), and with that comes constantly growing ideas that only link each other up.
One of the things that runs wild in our current time is Social Networking. Fact. From MySpace, to facebook, and now Twitter. I'm sure there are more, but these three are dominant. Twitter is on its own level, I say this because it's very limited but yet fulfilling. It doesn't give you SO many options but allows you simply to just "follow". Brilliant!

Now I say this because following is exactly what this generation needs. A saying I'm very familiar with is "
too many chiefs and not enough indians" which is self explanatory. There are too many folks that want to lead, and yet not enough to follow. This brings me to a great and valid point, and that is, Jesus Christ.
This man who people followed without even having to fully know him, here is an example - "Matthew 4:18And
Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. 19And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. 20And they straightway left their nets, and followed him."

I could expound and expound on Jesus alone for hours upon hours. It's said within the scriptures that Christ alone did many things, that if attempted, not even all the books in the world could contain the things which he did. Talk about greatness.

Who are you following? Twitter Jesus, try him.

(by the way - I like this whole short blog method, keeping it limited and sweet)

1 comment: